Monday, August 16, 2010

Arsenal: Season Kick-Off

Yesterday was Arsenal's first game of the season. And what a first game it was going up against Liverpool at Anfield. As with every Arsenal vs Liverpool games, I watched it with Fitri (the Liverfool) at Hakim, Shah Alam.



The seats were sold out at Hakim, and we managed to get quite good seats.



Over to the game. The score was 1-1, which to my opinion was a fair result after seeing both teams having equal chances, although Arsenal had most of the possession. First goal came from Ngog, which was quite fuuny because everyone at Hakim was condemning him and calling him "Ngok!".



But, in the dying minutes of the game, the new breed, Chamakh bravely came diving in for a header which, although hit the post, came bouncing back on Pepe Reina (Liverpool's keeper) and went into the net.


I went ecstatic! Had to order teh o ais to cool down my throat after that incident.


So all in all, although it was a good game, I don't see much difference in the new Arsenal team. I still think they play the same way as last season, which although I think is the most entertaining football to watch, I also think it is still not enough to win silverwares.


But, oh well, its still too early to think that!

So, I'm still hoping for the best for Arsenal. Always a Gooner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment